Message Center: Keeping You Informed
Labor Day - September 7, 2015
Mercer, Health Advocate offices will be closed on Monday, September 7, 2015 in observance of Labor Day.
Some of our ITDR Members have recently received a phone call from Express Scripts regarding the Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program.
What is the Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program and how does a Member qualify for it?
The MTM program is required by Medicare and consists of a comprehensive review to make sure your medications are helping to improve your overall health. Members that qualify for the MTM program meet the following criteria:
- Have at least three of the following chronic conditions:
- Dyslipidemia (high cholesterol),
- Hypertension (high blood pressure),
- Chronic heart failure, or
- Bone disease (osteoporosis);
- Take multiple Part D drugs; and
- Are likely to incur annual Part D drug costs that meet or exceed the pre-determined threshold of $3,138 for 2015.
How will the MTM program help me?
The MTM program is intended to help you by ensuring that:
- Medications are appropriately used,
- Therapeutic outcomes are optimized, and
- Risks of adverse events such as harmful drug interactions are reduced.
The MTM program includes a Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR) via phone with a pharmacist. After the review, an individualized summary will be mailed within 14 business days. The summary includes a personal medication record of all medications discussed on the call, and if applicable, a medication action plan.
The MTM program is not required and contacted Members may decline to participate.
How do I recognize if I receive a call for this Express Scripts program?
These calls originate from the 520 area code in Tucson, AZ or the 314 area code in St. Louis, MO. In addition, the caller will announce that the call is from, “Express Scripts Medicare Prescription Drug Plan for the Insurance Trust for Delta Retirees.” If you are unsure of the validity of the call, you can hang up and call Express Scripts at the number on your ITDR Express Scripts ID card 1-844-470-1529, and ask to speak to someone about the Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program.
If you have questions or want to know if you qualify for the MTM program, call Express Scripts at 1-844-470-1529.
News for You, from Your ITDR Trust Board: July 2015 Newsletter
Choose the format you prefer to read:
Did you receive the email version of this newsletter? If not, be sure to sign up for our ITDR emails in the “Make sure we have your email address!” box on the right side of this page. Your ITDR Board sends emails only when important, generally no more than twice per month.
For questions about Medical or Prescription Drug claims incurred in 2014, contact UnitedHealthcare.
- Call Customer Service 1-877-717-9517, or TTY 711
Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 8:00pm local time
- Online access to your UHC Medical claim information is available through 12/31/2015 at UnitedHealthcare.
- Your UHC Prescription Drug claim information is available through 12/31/2015 by calling UHC at 1-877-717-9517 or by following these online instructions.
And don’t forget - Your Personal Health Advocate™ provides one-on-one help with any healthcare or insurance-related issue!
- Call Your Personal Health Advocate™ 1-877-325-7265, Option 2.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 12:00 am (midnight) EST
After hours and during weekends, staff is available for assistance.
- Or email answers@HealthAdvocate.com. Your request will be assigned based on your specific needs within 24 hours.
- 2015 Electronic Premium Draft Calendar
- 2015 Insurance Trust for Delta Retirees
Service Center Holiday Schedule