News briefs for our fellow travelers!
Delta the only U.S. airline to block middle seats, limit onboard capacity through March 30, 2021
November 24, 2020
Delta will continue delivering on its industry-leading commitment to provide more space for customers as the only U.S. airline blocking middle seats for flights departing now through March 30, 2021.
As more medical experts agree on the safety of air travel thanks to the multiple layers of protection provided under the Delta CareStandard, blocking seats into spring 2021 provides added confidence and reassurance for customers booking future travel plans.
Dec 4, 2020 10:15am
The airlines have worked with the Dutch government and Atlanta and Amsterdam airports on a COVID-19 testing program allowing eligible customers to be exempt from quarantine after a negative test result on arrival in the Netherlands.
Control your travel plans: Delta eliminates international change fees, adds more flexibility to new tickets
Dec 9, 2020 9:00am
Delta is making it easier for customers to book, change or cancel their travel plans by permanently eliminating change fees for tickets when flying internationally from North America.
· Permanent elimination of change fees for Delta tickets when flying from North America to anywhere in the world.
· Extending existing waiver of no change fees for all tickets purchased through March 30, 2021, for travel at any time to anywhere.
As customers consider travel in 2021 and beyond, they can look forward to more choice and control over managing their plans as Delta is expanding on its customer-first flexibility promise.
“No year has better demonstrated the value of flexibility than this one,” said Delta CEO Ed Bastian. “Our approach has always been to put people first, which is why we’re extending our current change fee waiver and making lasting changes to our practices, so customers have the trust and confidence they need long after the pandemic ends.”
Delta is extending among the most flexible waivers of any airline. We are waiving change fees for all U.S. domestic and international tickets purchased through March 30, 2021, making it easier for customers to book next year’s spring break or summer vacation with the confidence of knowing they can change their plans at any time, regardless of the type of ticket they booked or where they are flying.
Delta’s commitment to providing customers peace of mind complements our existing commitment to giving greater reassurance of more space by blocking middle seats and limiting onboard capacity on all flights through March 30.
Delta’s Flexibility Promise: No Change Fees
Simplifying the travel experience with no change fees and more flexibility is a permanent pledge Delta is delivering to customers.
Going beyond our waiver extension, Delta is permanently eliminating change fees for international travel originating from North America, effective immediately. Customers can expect the following:
· No change fees on Delta tickets for travel originating from North America to anywhere in the world (including flights operated by joint venture and codeshare partners).
· Basic Economy fares are excluded.
This follows Delta’s previous announcement of the elimination of change fees for travel within the U.S., Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands, excluding Basic Economy fares.
Delta has been a consistent leader in putting customers and their needs at the center of the travel experience, including offering more flexibility by taking steps like:
· Eliminating the $150 redeposit fee to cancel an award ticket and the $150 reissue fee to change an award ticket (excluding Basic Economy fares).
· Eliminating the 72-hour requirement to change or cancel an award ticket.
· Allowing customers to use the remaining balance of their ticket toward future Delta travel (similar to the experience of receiving a store credit when exchanging an item for a less expensive one).
· Extending travel credits through December 2022 for travel originally scheduled to depart after March 1, 2020 (if the ticket was purchased before April 17, 2020).
Delta’s thoughtful, customer-focused approach to travel includes implementing more than 100 measures to ensure safety through the Delta CareStandard and making it easier to plan and book your next trip with a new interactive map.